Right of withdrawal
1. The right of withdrawal is the consumer’s right to unilaterally withdraw from the Distance Contract (reject the order) within a specified period of time, without paying a contractual penalty, interest, or damages.
2. The consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal and unilaterally withdraw from the contract within 14 (fourteen) calendar days. The period of exercise of the right of withdrawal shall be counted from the day when the consumer has received the product or part of the product (s).
3. The consumer notifies SIA “Beauty Retail” about the exercise of the right of withdrawal by sending an e-mail.
Sending the refusal letter to SIA “Beauty Retail” within 14 days from the date of receiving the product terminates the contract and releases the consumer from any contractual obligations, except for the fees related to the return of the goods or things back to the manufacturer, seller or service provider.
4. When exercising the right of withdrawal referred to in these Regulations, the consumer shall be liable for any decrease in the value of the goods, as well as for maintaining the quality and safety of the goods during the period of exercising the right of withdrawal.
5. The consumer has the obligation to return the product back to SIA “Beauty Retail” within 7 (seven) days after sending the written refusal (if the product has been received). SIA “Beauty Retail” is obliged to refund to the consumer the amount of money paid for the product until the termination of the contract, not later than within 30 days from the date of receiving the consumer’s written refusal. SIA “Beauty Retail” is entitled not to refund the amount of money paid to the consumer for the product until the consumer has returned the product, or SIA “Beauty Retail” finds out that the product (upon receiving) has been used or does not 100% correspond to its original condition and appearance, packaging with all original documents (if any). The consumer is responsible for the damages that have occurred to the product during the return of the goods.
The consumer loses the right of withdrawal if he has opened the packaging of the product or if he has not notified SIA “Beauty Retail” of the exercise of the right of withdrawal within 14 days from the date of receiving the product. The opening of the packaging of a product is considered to be the fact that the packaging of the contents of the cosmetic product has been opened.
6. This Title shall not apply to the acquisition of goods by a legal entity.
II RIGHT TO RETURN GOODS
1. Consumer rights are infringed if:
1.1. when purchasing a product, the consumer’s freedom of choice, and if his / her expressed will has not been observed (the customer has received a product other than the one ordered);
1.2. there is no possibility to receive comprehensive and complete information about the product or its price;
1.3. an unsafe or non-compliant product is sold to the consumer.
2. The consumer shall not be obliged to accept the goods if they have been delivered to the consumer without placing an order.
3. The product does not comply with the terms of the contract if:
3.1. it does not comply with the statutory requirements, as well as with the requirements that are normally expected – it does not have the characteristics and performance that normally the same type of goods have, and which the consumer can reasonably expect, taking into account the nature of the goods;
3.2. it is not valid for the purposes for which goods of the same name and description are normally used;
3.3. it does not comply with the characteristics, or its equipment does not comply with the equipment which SIA “Beauty Retail” has presented at the time of concluding the contract or making of an offer;
3.4. misleading, false information has been provided about it, or it has not been provided at all and therefore the product cannot be used for the intended purpose;
3.5. it is damaged (the product has come out of its intended packaging, the inner or outer packaging of the product is obviously damaged).
4. A consumer, to whom a product has been sold or transferred that does not comply with the terms of the contract, is entitled to request that SIA “Beauty Retail” performs one of the following actions (by sending an email):
4.1. to reduce the price of the goods accordingly;
4.2. to eliminate the non-compliance of the product with the provisions of the contract or reimburses the consumer for the expenses for the elimination of the non-compliance;
4.3. to exchange the product for the same or an equivalent product that would ensure compliance with the terms of the contract;
4.4. to cancel the contract and refund to the consumer the amount paid for the goods.
5. The product shall be replaced or its non-compliance with the provisions of the contract shall be eliminated free of charge (including without the reimbursement of shipping and other costs) and within a reasonable time, without causing inconvenience to the consumer.
6. If the non-compliance of the product with the provisions of the contract is insignificant and cannot significantly affect the consumer’s ability to use the product, the consumer cannot demand that SIA “Beauty Retail” cancel the contract and refund the amount paid for the product.
7. If SIA “Beauty Retail” is unable to perform the contract due to the fact that the ordered goods are not available, he shall inform the consumer and refund to the consumer all the contributions made no later than within 30 calendar days from the day SIA “Beauty Retail” received the consumer’s order.
The rules for returning goods include legal norms arising from Directive 97/7/EK of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of consumers in respect of distance contracts, the Law of the Republic of Latvia “Law on the Protection of Consumer Rights”.